Thunderbird Email Setup
If you do not have a copy of Thunderbird you can download it here. http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
Download and install it and then follow the steps below.
1. Launch Mozilla Thunderbird
Add a new email account
2. Select “File” from the top menu bar, then “New”, then “Mail Account”
Mail Account Setup
3. Fill in your Name, email address and Password and then select “Continue”
4. Select “Manual config” from the bottom left.
5. Ensure that your settings are the same as the screen below and select “Create Account”
Incoming you can also use mail.your-domain.com
6. You will then be prompted with an SSL warning. Select the tick box and then select “Create Account”
7. Your Thunderbird homepage will now display and you should now be set up to send and receive mail.
SMTP Outgoing Mail Error
If you get an outgoing mail error during setup you may need to change the SMTP details select the details from the list below.
For 8TA (Eita), the outgoing server is smtp.saix.net
For MWEB ADSL, outgoing server is relay.mweb.co.za or smtp.mweb.co.za or smtp.mweb.net
For Vodacom 3G, outgoing server is smtp.vodacom.co.za
For MTN 3G, the outgoing server is mail.mtn.co.za
For Cell C the outgoing server is mail.cmobile.co.za
For Iburst, outgoing server is smtp.iburst.co.za
For Neotel, outgoing server is smtp.neomail.co.za
Should you still get an error click More settings click Outgoing server and Untick My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
Alternatively contact the data supplier for their SMTP details.
Incoming Mail Error
1.Ensure you are connected to the internet by opening a web page
2.Ensure your user name is your full email address
3.If you think it may be a password error please contact us to rest it